Q: @BrandiHeinz I need advice on wedding and rehearsal dresses that aren’t too much $ – everything is skanky or juvenile!
A: Luckily, with the economy in such a poor state, it isn’t too hard to find a nice dress for less. I have gathered some dresses under $150 and thrown in some tips!
Things to look for:
- Patterns, Ruffles, Florals
- Appropriate Lengths
- Strapless, interesting necklines or single shouldered dresses
- Day to night versatility- some of these dresses could work for both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding- not that you’d wear it for both, but weddings do tend to be day to night affairs and knowing you CAN wear it again is great!
These first two dresses were on Nordstrom.com. Nordstrom has an excellent “Dress Shop” with easy search functionality that allows you to find a dress for your shape, the right occasion, or by price, etc. The first is a Suzi Chin for Maggie Boutique single shouldered dress. It is definitely a statement dress, but if you dress it up with some nice earrings and a not-too-tall heel, it won’t be too outrageous.
Suzi Chin for Maggie Boutique
The Little Black Dress! The go to dress for every “what do I wear?” occasion. This Calvin Klein dress is classic and on-trend with its sheer lace overlay. This particular dress also has a sexy cut out back. You WILL want to wear it again!
Playful but Pretty
These trendy dresses would be perfect for the rehearsal dinner (unless the brides parents are reallly uptight)! The colorful dresses send out a cheerful tone and the black and white tunic can be dressed up with colorful but classy accessories (no cheap plastic bangles)!
- Mink Pink one shouldered ruffle strap dress, $101 Chickdowntown.com
- Moulinette Souers buttoned water color dress, $148 Anthropologie
- BCBG Split Neck printed dress, $138 Macys.com
Patterned for the Party
Pick a pattern or floral print this summer! While patterns can seem intimidating for those who usually stick to solids or stripes, they can be very flattering if you find the right fit- so go ahead and try a few on…
Overstock.com requires some good searching skills, but their prices are great for the brands that they offer!
Max & Cleo ruffle dress, $69.99 Overstock.com
Kensie Pleated sheath dress, $74.99 Overstock.com